Monday 28 September 2009

phonetics


I found this list yesterday whilst walking home from the beach. I know it's not a shopping list but I found it interesting all the same.

There were lots and lots of police in Brighton yesterday for the Labour party conference and I like to think that one of them must have been having trouble remembering the phonetic alphabet (and had to have his list corrected by his partner too).

Bravo indeed!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4 comments:

Blogger said...

good detective work debbie.
what's Wishy? like wishy washy?

d e b b i e said...

thanks yumi! it must be all that jonathan creek.
I was confused by the wishey one too at first. but then rosie reminded me that W = Whisky, so i think it's all down to some wonky spelling.

rosie tea said...

Apple cake
Banoffee Pie
Cherry Bakewell
Date Slice
Egg Custard Tart
French Fancie
Garibaldi
Hot Chocolate
Ice Lolly
Jelly
Krispy Kreme
Lemon Drizzle
Marshmallow
Nougat
O
Party Rings
Q
Raspberry
Scone
Tiffin
U
V
Walnut Whip
X
Yum-Yum
Zap!

I didn't do very well, but I think that would be how my list would go.

d e b b i e said...

O for oreos
Q for quality street (maybe not though)
U for (pineapple) Upside down cake?
V for vanilla ice cream

X is still a mystery. maybe pick'n'miX (?)